Emergency and Construction Worker Safety
* Construction or maintenance zones will have roadway signs in advance to warn motorists that road work is being done.
* Flashing lights from emergency response vehicles will warn motorists of a problem ahead.
* When approaching an emergency or a construction/maintenance situation exercise caution and slow down.
* Always be aware that vehicles ahead of you may stop unexpectedly.
* Obey directions by flag people or emergency workers.
* Avoid watching the emergency, keep focused on driving.
* Always leave plenty of space between your vehicle and other people and equipment parked or being operated at these locations.
The John Petropoulos Memorial Fund
The Alberta Office of Traffic Safety's Emergency and Construction Worker Safety Resources include:
Last Updated July 17, 2015